Translate

8 Sept 2015

A.T.T.O.A (A Tribute To Our Ancestors)

A.T.T.O.A (A Tribute To Our Ancestors)
A.T.T.O 
A Tribute To Our Ancestors
The ultimate in wood craft depicting a combination of Ancestral African symbols, customized wine racks and bottle balances.
contact us for your custom made design.
Julien Jahruty Alexander
Tel: (646)238-0591/(646)671-4361

Email:  jahruty@gmail.com
Click here order on line

A special discount of 5% offered to all members of The Power Of 8.


I am Julien Jahruty Alexander a self taught artist. I am clear about my origin starting in Africa and my lineage being displaced to the island of Dominica.
The birth of my company A.T.T.O.A, “A Tribute to Our Ancestors” was inspired by my studies and travel. Having no prior wood working experience, I took a wood art course. I studied under the tutelage of an elder where I learned the assemblage of wood art. Later on my first journey to the Mother/Father Land of Africa I visited the country of Egypt, I was drawn to the symbols because of their strong meanings. I further immersed myself into the people, kulture and traditions of the countries of Africa from times of pass. My evolution continued as further journeys took me to other countries on the West coast of Afrika such as Ghana, The Gambia, Senegal and others.




My A-ha moment occurred when I discovered the symmetrical nature of the symbols, while teaching a math class on symmetry. This realization led to the launching of my first line of products East and West African symbols. To which the response was overwhelmingly positive. Seeing people loved owning tangible symbols as decorative pieces, I elevated my work, which resulted in the second line of products, which combined multiple symbols. These original combinations joined symbols in linear design without totally changing the appearance, name or meanings. These new designs names and meanings are derived from the originals. In working with my customers, I was advised by a sister friend to make a piece that was functional, yet aesthetically beautiful. Since then I have offered custom made pieces including awards, center pieces, wine racks, wall hanging pieces, free standing mantle pieces etc. I am of the notion that there will forever be a way of improving on or coming up with a new idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment